Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Bapak

I remember you saved me from water. I remember you always brought me my favorite books. You drove along the way just to see me smile.

I always thought you loved me more when I was so young. Where did all the love go?

You told me I asked a hundreds of questions when we traveled. You told me I can't stop asking. Questions and questions.

Since then, I searched and searched for your everywhere. May be you were hiden under the smile of my science teacher, then I would talk to him about my days, for I was too afraid to talk to you. Afraid that you would think my day was foolish.

I searched and searched for you everywhere. Behind the voice of the preacher at our church.I would ask him questions about faith, about life, about why and how. I was too afraid you could stop my questions before I even finish.

I looked and looked for you everywhere. In my brother's laughter. In my mother's patient voice. I can't find you even you were there. You were there, in silence. I don't know how to reach you.

And one day I heard that "actions speak louder than words" and that was all you did. You did not say that you love me, but you were always there when I need you.

You are the best, I love you, Bapak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home