Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Fireworks

"You want fireworks, don't you." David said at the end of the line as we spoke on the phone. We haven't seen each other for a week, and I miss him so much, but he has this new job with odd hours. I will see him tomorrow for to go biking to the river. We are talking about Mark, the guy I have just known for a week.

"No, well, yes. I don't have that sparky feelings when I see him,".

A pause.

"And did you have that sparky feelings with Noel?" he said.

"Sure. Noel was so attractive, I know you think that too, right. I know you had a crush on him when you see him. Too bad he's not gay."

"But, what sparky turned out to be evil." He said again. I wonder what he is doing while he's talking with me. I could hear running water and some birds sounds.

"Dave, where are you anyway,"

"Why?"
Last week he said he wanted to go to East Fork State Park for boating. It's a state-park with man-made lake for fishing, boating, skiing, and swimming if it's not too cold. We went there in late September and even I, the tropical girl, didn't feel as cold. We stayed there until sunset, and looking at sunset reminds me of home. The park is huge, with trees and camping ground around it. I am sure it is still pretty there with the fall colors and I know how David would enjoy to go there again. I could only guess now, he said he had a date.

"You'll kill me if I tell you." he said.

"Bye, Wulan. I'll see you tomorrow, honey. I have to go. And don't worry about that Mark guy, you might not have that sparky things, but I can see that he's a good guy. Love ya..".

Dave must be in the park with his date. I can tell by the way he was talking so fast and didn't even let me say anything. Well, he deserve it, I hope he have fun with his date. Now I wonder why I want this sparky feelings like what I had with Noel. It won't last anyway and that's not important.

To be continued here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home