Saturday, April 09, 2005

Sister Judy

When we are going to die is the question. It could be tomorrow, it could be today. Only God knows the exact time.

I was brought up into this thought again as someone I know is dealing with lung cancer. The kind of disease that supposedly curable in this age. I know a lot of people who survived from all kind of cancer but not lung cancer. They said by the time it was diagnose, the disease already wear the person out. It eats everything including the brain.

Questioning God is unquestionable. First, he is God. The creator, the owner of all creation. He has his right to take what he wants. And all I can do is trusting Him cause his judgements always true. Always.

Often times, God would allow bad things happens to good people. Why good people, God. Is it because you know they are ready for you?

The funny thing in life I have to deal with, I guess. I have known Sister Judy for less than a year, if we count the amount of time I was here. But her presents was everywhere I went. People spoke to me about her.

"Sister Judy used to walk around the neighborhood and helped us clean up the sidewalk."

"Sister Judy helped me with my air conditioner. She helped me to fix it in a week."

Sister Judy once helped an old lady to come out her basement cause her house was condemned. The lady owned the house, but the house was run down and she did not have any money to fix the house. She lived in the basement without any heat. Sister Judy helped to get a grant to help her fix the house and came out of her basement to live decently. And when I remember that this is the US of A, I can't believe such things happen here. But it did. God said that "the poor always be with you" and they are everywhere around wherever I go.

I can feel Sister Judy's energy on my first days of work. She still came twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays. She said we should apply for this grant and that grant. We should help someone to sell their house and rehab it. She asked if I was okay. She gave me a hug. She was glad to see me when I did not see her for so long. And she is always look fresh like there is nothing happen to her.

Next month she will go on vacation that might be her last trip, but I hope not. God allows miracles, and if we believe that, it will happen. We need Sister Judy a little longer, God. We need her energy and her spirit and her passions to help people. We love her.