Thursday, April 21, 2005

Edna

Just in time when I was about to give up on that avocado pit that I've planed for eight weeks, the stem grew about an inch long. It was soft, brown greenish stem with a tip full of future leaves as in asparagus. I moved the pit into a lighter space where the sunlight came through the windows.

Dad loves avocado. Oscar's favorite drink was mashed avocado combined with chocolate milk fudge and ice. Indra would just scoop the fruit out with a spoon after she poured sprinkled of sugar on it. Dad always planted two avocado trees on our front yard whenever we lived. It's like he knows we're gonna live there long enough to enjoy their fruits.

Now, here I am, living in the city, in a gardenless apartment, trying to plant avocado on a 16 inch pot. I wonder how long it will grow and how long my pot is going to endure the roots' attack.

Edna drove from all the way from the east side to the west side and to the west side to the east side where her clients need her to clean the house. She has, in over all, nineteenth different families who need their house cleaned every two weeks. She managed to clean two houses, three if she's lucky to have a helper like me, everyday.

I knew Edna from a friend of mine whose mom is also Edna's client, I am broke, I have no money, and I need to live. So, I thought working with Edna wouldn't be bad. She's this wonderful, good heart, catholic lady dho submit to the Lord, belive in Jesus without questions. Tht sometimes amazed me because of her blind faith. Unlike me who always questions everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home