Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Hidden Connections Amongs Things

A friend should be radical. They should love you when you're unlovable, Hug you when you're unhuggable,And bear you when you're unbearable. A friend should be fanatical. They should cheer when the whole world boos. Dance when you get good news, and cry when you cry too. But most of all a friend should be mathematical. They should multiply the joy, Divide the sorrow, Subtract the past, and Add to tomorrow. Calculate the need deep in your heart, and always be bigger than the sum of all their parts.
It's not fair. Not fair at all that I didn't get to say goodbye to you. That afternoon I wouldn't see you because I didn't want you to drive back here and you have to go back for more than five hours? I didn't see that to be fair, after you told me that if we didn't continue to pursue the relationship we should not even talk.

Now, that one was even not fair. For me at least. I like you as a friend, but I just can't deal with all the smoke and the tatoos and all the crazy things you called the past and your attitude towards your daughter's mom's boyfriend and all your questions about the future. I don't know. I have a life here and it takes everything to give up my life? I am not sure about that.

But, I deserve a good bye. A phone call or a line in email will be fine. I just want to know if you are alright and save. Afterall, I have shared a part of my self, my deepest fears and feelings to you for the past, what, three months? I thought we were friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home