Friday, June 16, 2006

Comment on $26,327

I applaud Jason Illian for the recent writing, The Price of Love. I am not a nazy either, but I've also been disturbed by the cost of wedding. I am one of those girls who didn't dream about my wedding dress since they were teenagers. I called it "wasting" money to just throwing out a party. The fact that it is a once-in-a-lifetime experience is not good enough to spend the money "just" for a party. There are too many things that happened only once in our lives. Even every second we have is once in a lifetime. Time never came back to us.

The fact that wedding is a once in a lifetime experience is not justifyable enough to throw out money to the garbage can, literally, when there are so many better things we could use it for.

I am currently tracking wedding cost of my friends and friends of friends, just to know. And surprisingly, my friend, who are now happily married for eight years, only spent $4,000 for a beautiful wedding. She arranged her own bouquet and centerpieces; found an inexpensive cake from a lady who run business from her home; buy a cheap dress and spend a little more in altering; rent a carriage instead of limousine. Her only expensive cost is photography (which is important) and food. I think she is so smart!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home