Saturday, July 02, 2005

To the Girl at Liberty and Walnut Street

Being on the street allows me to recognize faces that sometimes I hesitate to say hello to. One of them is the girl that I saw on Liberty and Walnut Street. She is a blond, young, may be twenty-something girl, very thin, always wear limited clothes. I did not see her as often in the winter as I would in the summer. She always stands there on the sidewalk, holding a purse and wearing high heels.

But today I found her very ill looking. I had an opportunity to be close to her and I saw that her face looks very tired and sad. A couple of freckles. Several wrinkles. Tired, thick face. She was enjoying a cup of drinks when I went by.

It seems that she was sad too deep down in her heart. Was she? I said a prayer for her to ask God to give her the way if she was lost. To give her a way out if she was trapped. To find her a friend if she needs one. I know how it felt to be lost. I know how it felt to be lonely. And I know that the only one who could give me a way out was God.

May be next time I would see her smile again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home